PMP 35 Contact Hours
No. This is one of the popular misconception about contact hour requirements for the PMP® Certification. The PMP® Handbook states that to be eligible for the PMP® Exam, one has to fulfil the 35 educational hours requirement. However, it does not require that you earn all the 35 contact hours from one course only.
There is also no requirement that the course material should be about the PMBOK® Guide or other PMI approved project management knowledge. You can earn the 35 contact hours from courses not related to the PMP® Exam syllabus or materials, e.g. Agile project management, etc.
In fact, you can earn 4 contact hours here and 5 contact hours there as long as the total number of hours spent on project management is 35 hours or more. There is not an upper limit for the number of courses you used to accumulate the contact hours as long as you have the proof for each individual course (e.g. attendance certificate, etc.).
But of course it is much more structured to learn all the project management knowledge from a course that focuses on the PMBOK® Guide framework. And such course will help you tremendously in your PMP® Certification exam prep study. If you have the budget and the time to spend on a quality PMP® Exam prep course, do take the PMP® Exam prep course which will help you to pass the PMP® Exam more easily!
Below is the step-by-step instruction on how to input the discount offer codes for GreyCampus online courses to get the discounted prices for the ITIL® Foundation, PMP® Certification, PMI-ACP® Certification and PRINCE2® Foundation Certification online courses. Many Certification Aspirants have asked me to show them how to apply the coupon codes as they cannot find the location to enter them. This step-by-step illustrated guide is made to help fellow Aspirants to enjoy the discounted course fee with ease.
Step 1: Go to go to GreyCampus online course website
Please go to the related GreyCampus pages through the webpage: the most updated GreyCampus discount offer codes (remember to make use of the coupon codes there to get heavy discounts off the retail prices of the certification prep courses)
- PMP® Certification Online Self Learning
- ITIL® Foundation Certification Online Self Learning (Official ITIL® Exam included)
- PRINCE2® Foundation Certification Online Self Learning (Official PRINCE2® Foundation Exam)
Step 2: Click the yellow “Enroll” button to go to the payment page
Just take the GreyCampus ITIL® Foundation Certification Training as an example. Below is the landing page of ITIL® online training courses for GreyCampus. Just click the blue “Enroll Now” button.
You will be presented with a choice of several different delivery modes for the ITIL® Foundation Courses (i.e. online, online live, classroom, etc.). Just chose the left one which is the online ITIL® course option.
Step 3: Check the “I have an offer code” box
After clicking the red “Enroll” button, you will be redirected to the course order page. Do not worry, the price given there is the original list price before discount.
On the right-hand side, under the payment details, you will find the “Have an offer code to redeem?” box- click on it. Enter the coupon code in the box that appears and click “Apply”.
Step 4: Apply the Coupon Code/Offer Code
After you input the coupon code in the box, make sure to click the “Apply” button beside it. The final price of the course will only change after you click on the “Apply” button. Make sure you do this before you pay for the course.
Step 5: Check the updated price on the left before submitting the payment details
Once the coupon is applied successfully, the green text will appear below the coupon code box; it will read- “Coupon applied successfully, you will get USD 41.00 discount”. Please also check for the discounted price details on the right side of the page.
After you have ensured that the correct discounted course fee is listed on the right-hand column of the order page, you can then enter your payment information including name, card number, expiry date and CVV. Then click the red button “Pay Now” to make the purchase.
Congratulations! You have just applied the GreyCampus offer code successfully. You should now be able to access the online training course (including the lecture videos, mock exams as well as many downloadable study resources) instantly.
Wish you Certification success!
FAQ on GreyCampus Coupon Codes
- After pasting the coupon code and clicking the “Apply Now” button, a red sentence reads “The coupon code is invalid” show up. Now what?
- Please check carefully if you have entered the correct coupon code (note: without spaces at the beginning and end of the coupon code). The best way to ensure the correctness of your coupon code is to copy directly from the coupon code page and paste it there.
- Please check the validity period of the coupon code, in most cases, an invalid coupon code means that it is expired. Usually the validity period between the first and last day of a month. And the coupon code and discount percentage may vary from month to month.
- Under the rare case of the GreyCampus website having some technical errors, please let me know so that I can communicate with GreyCampus to resolve the problem.
- What to do if I have purchased the training course at the original list price instead of the discounted price?
- I am sorry to learn that you cannot enjoy the discount successfully. But there is hope. GreyCampus online courses offer money back guarantee for several days depending on the types of course.
- You can just write to GreyCampus to cancel your order first. And your payment will be refunded to you as soon as possible.
- Then you can come back to the enrolment page to enrol again. Remember to follow the steps outlined above as close as possible and verify that the discount has already been applied to your order before hitting the “Pay Now” button.
- Where to find the latest GreyCampus Coupon Codes?
- As I have a working relationship with GreyCampus team, every time when a new coupon code is published, they will let me know at once. I will have the most current GreyCampus coupon code published at this page.
- If the code for the online course you are looking for is not there, don’t worry, you can still try the coupon codes listed there to see if they are valid.
- Will I get a better discount later?
- May or may not. That depends on GreyCampus. However, I would highly suggest you to strike the iron while it is hot. If you have already make up your mind to go for the certification and if your budget allows, why not go ahead and purchase the online course at the current discount and begin your certification right away? Time is the most precious element for all of us.
- Also, the certification cost may go up year by year owing to inflation and rising costs etc. The training costs may actually become more expensive later on.
Yes. This is very important.
At the time of pressing the submit button on the PMP® application form, you should have already finished the project management course providing you with the required 35 contact hours. You would need to enter the course details together with the date of completion on the PMP® application form before submitting.
This is often a commonly confused item for the PMP® application. Many Aspirants would plan to have their PMP® application approved before going through a PMP® Exam prep course either in person or online. Some PMP® bootcamps would even gather Aspirants to attend the course for 4 days and take the PMP® Exam at the 5th day. But aspirants need to understand that PMI would not approve your application before you have got the 35 Contact Hour certificate.
However, since you are able to store your partially filled online PMP® application form on PMI server, it makes no harms to fill the form while you are still studying the project management course. But you should make sure you have finished the course before eventually submitting the application form.
And in case of a PMI audit, you will need to submit a copy of your Contact Hour certificate. If your course is not delivered by a PMI R.E.P., you will also need to send the course outline and descriptions in order to allow PMI to judge whether your course satisfies the project management education requirement.
Though PMI impose a 8-year restriction on the project management working experience to be accepted for PMP® application, there is NO restrictions on when you get your project management education.
In other words, the 35 contact hours of project management education is valid for life.
You can literally get the 35 contact hours based on your university coursework or a training course provided by your employer years ago.
There are many cases that a PMP® aspirant took the PMP® exam prep course for the previous edition of PMBOK® Guide and then got busy and abandoned the certification efforts. Years later, they would want to get PMP® certified again and there is no need for them to get the contact hour education again.
However, it is necessary for you to check with PMI on the eligibility of your contact hour certification for the PMP® certification before applying. When in doubt, always bet on the safe side by attending an additional course provided by PMI R.E.P. which will also help you best prepared for the actual PMP® exam.