What is the passing mark of PRINCE2 Foundation Exam?
For the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam, candidates will need to get at least 50% to get a pass.
But as there are 5 questions in the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam paper that are trial questions and would not be counted towards the final score, PRINCE2® Aspirants would need to answer correctly at least 35 questions out of the 70 marked questions within the 1-hour examination time.
However, as there is no way to tell which are the trial questions and which are not, it would be practical to aim at a minimum of 40 right answers out of the 75 exam questions (i.e. the passing mark for the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam would be equivalent to 53.33%).
For reference, the details of the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam format:
- Multiple choice — choose 1 correct answer from among 4 choices for each question
- 75 questions for the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam paper
- 5 questions are trial (not counted towards the final scores)
- passing mark: at least 50% for the rest 70 questions (i.e. 35 marks out of 70 remaining questions)
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book — no reference book nor the official PRINCE2® Manual allowed
← Certification FAQ – PMP, PMI-ACP, ITIL v3 Foundation
Further Reading: The PMP Certification Guide provides you with step-by-step instructions on how to get started with your PMP Certification journey. Read it now!