Recommended PMI-ACP Book: Head First Agile — A Brain-Friendly Guide to Agile and the PMI-ACP Certification
Head First Agile — A Brain-Friendly Guide to Agile and the PMI-ACP® Certification will be published in June 2017 utilizing the same brain-friendly layout and content curation methodology as Head First PMP®.
The PMI-ACP® Exam syllabus only lays out what are required for the PMI-ACP® Exam in a very general way, however, PMI-ACP® would need a more detailed and organized way to approach the PMI-ACP® Exam. Besides the acclaimed PMI-ACP® Exam Prep by Mike Griffiths published by RMC, there gonna to be another PMI-ACP® Exam bible, the Head First Agile — A Brain-Friendly Guide to Agile and the PMI-ACP® Certification by the same publisher of the highly recommended Head First PMP®.
Recommended: Head First Agile — A Brain-Friendly Guide
If you are not comfortable with the traditional way to learning (i.e. reading long paragraphs of text to understand things), the Head First Agile — A Brain-Friendly Guide to Agile and the PMI-ACP® Certification is for you. It is based on the same methodology and approach used in Head First PMP® (a highly recommended PMP® Exam Prep book which makes use of a lot of diagrams and tables to help Aspirants to understand and memorize the exam syllabus effectively).
The Head First Agile is based on the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory by making use of a visually rich format (diagrams, pictures, tables, charts, mini exercises, etc.) to engage the mind for learning. The multi-sensory learning experience is proved to be very effective in learning new knowledge and remember them as our brain really learns best this way (instead of reading long, boring texts).
If you have made use of Head First PMP® in your PMP® Exam preparation, you will surely find this Head First Agile book ideal for your PMI-ACP® Exam prep!
What makes the Head First Agile so special?
If you are a visual learner, you will find this book extremely useful to help you learn and remember the following:
- Understanding the agile mindset — what an agile methodology is and why agile methodologies that seem so different can still all be agile
- Managing projects better with Scrum — scrum can help building better, more valuable software, and make the project team and users happier
- Engineering better code with XP — focusing on code and programming can help project team build better systems
- Continuously improving with Lean and Kanban — helps the project team to improve everyday
As the Head First Agile is based on the latest research in cognitive science, the editorial approach is rather different from other exam prep books available on the market:
- Agile knowledge is digested and arranged in a way that would stick to your brain
- Makes use of a lot of diagrams, tables, charts, etc. to help Aspirants to remember the Agile concepts with the “Right Brain Approach”
- Hands-on exercises to practice what you have just learnt
- Many end-of-chapter exam questions are provided for readers to understand their understanding of the topics
- Including a complete exam study guide with exam tips
- A full-length 200 questions practice mock exam is included
About the Authors
- Andrew Stellman — a developer, architect, speaker, agile coach, project manager and expert in building better software. He is an author of top-selling books in software development and project management.
- Jennifer Greene — an agile coach, development manager, business analyst, project manager, tester, speaker and authority on software engineering practices and principles with over twenty years of experience in many different domains including media, finance and IT consulting.
Though the Head First Agile — A Brain-Friendly Guide to Agile and the PMI-ACP® Certification is intended for Aspirants studying for the Certification Exam, it is also useful for developers and other project team members to learn and apply Agile in their daily work. As Agile in gaining in importance all over the world in the field of project management (in particular IT and software development), this Head First Agile book will open up a new way to learn Agile knowledge in a future and interactive way.
For those of you who are Aspirants, this would be another great and must-have textbook for the Exam.
Still not convinced, get a preview of the Head First Agile — A Brain-Friendly Guide to Agile and the PMI-ACP® Certification on Amazon: