PMP Lessons Learned 2018: Two Months to Pass the New PMP Exam
Great news! Another Aspirants passed the new PMP® Exam in 2018! Thanks Sathiyanarayanan D for telling us the good news.
Sathiyanarayanan took the new PMP® Exam recently based on the current PMBOK® Guide 6th edition. The lessons learned from this new PMP® Exam prep project is included below:
I take this opportunity to thank Edward for the guidance and notes provided under this website. It has really help me to clear my PMP® exams with overall Target band. I didn’t join any external course only with help of PMBOK® Guide, Rita and Edward’s notes helped to achieve this milestone. Below are some of the steps I followed to clear the PMP® exams.
- First set the goal/target of 2 months to complete the PMP®.
- Register and became the member of PMI.
- Gone though the PMBOK® Guide guide (high level and didn’t understand much in first read)
- got the Rita book and started going through the process. (got some understanding on the topics)
- Reread the Rita again and this time understanding was better.
- Searched for the easy way of remembering the flow and process in Google and luckily I found edward’s website.
- I integrated all my learning by using Edward’s PMP® study notes. Especially the EVM the way you explained in very simple words.
- Now its time for testing the knowledge.
- Followed Edward’s suggestion and Olivier Lehmann website suggestion for free exams.
- I scored some where around 67% in OL 175 PDF and Simplilearn.
- In order to keep engaged on PMP® I installed PMP® Exam prep app. The quality of question is very good. mostly all situational and length question. Constantly giving test on this app and I set target for me around 85%. Took 10 days to achieve that target.
- Booked the exam slot.
- One week before the exam, gone through the PMBOK® Guide for the definitions and high level read as I found some of free exams of paid websites (PMAspire, PMZest) were focusing more on the PMBOK® Guide definition.
- Revised the Rita process chart and gone though Edward’s notes and the confused terms.
- Gone thourgh some you tube videos of tips and tricks to read pmp question and answer them
- Gave the final exam and manage to clear in first attempt.
Once again thank Edward for your effort of making PMP® exam so simple.
~ Sathiyanarayanan D
Thanks Sathiya for taking the time to share this valuable PMP® Exam lessons learned! This testifies that the strategy to getting a pass in the new PMP® Exam is NO different from any previous versions – a great study plan, good reference materials (exam prep course + PMP® reference books + exam simulators) and hard work are what needed!
Wish you PMP® success!