PRINCE2 Foundation Exam
For the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam, candidates will need to get at least 50% to get a pass.
But as there are 5 questions in the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam paper that are trial questions and would not be counted towards the final score, PRINCE2® Aspirants would need to answer correctly at least 35 questions out of the 70 marked questions within the 1-hour examination time.
However, as there is no way to tell which are the trial questions and which are not, it would be practical to aim at a minimum of 40 right answers out of the 75 exam questions (i.e. the passing mark for the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam would be equivalent to 53.33%).
For reference, the details of the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam format:
- Multiple choice — choose 1 correct answer from among 4 choices for each question
- 75 questions for the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam paper
- 5 questions are trial (not counted towards the final scores)
- passing mark: at least 50% for the rest 70 questions (i.e. 35 marks out of 70 remaining questions)
- 60 minutes duration
- Closed book — no reference book nor the official PRINCE2® Manual allowed
The question is both yes and no. Yes — there are not just 1 but 3 PRINCE2® Study Guides published by the official sponsoring body of the PRINCE2® Exams; No — the official guides are not *very* exam oriented, meaning that the guides are written either with a general purpose not aiming at helping readers to take and pass the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Exams.
AXELOS, the owner of PRINCE2®, in fact has published a number of “official” PRINCE2® reference books aiming to provide the study materials for PRINCE2® Aspirantsfor the PRINCE2® Certification Exam. These titles include the following:
- Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® 2009 Edition Manual
- An Introduction to PRINCE2®: Managing and Directing Successful Projects
- Passing your PRINCE2® Examinations 2009 Edition
Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® 2009 Edition Manual
The first official PRINCE2® book: “Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2® 2009 Edition Manual”, aka PRINCE2® Manual, is the official document for the PRINCE2® project management methodology. Most of the PRINCE2® reference books on the market are based on the content and even the organization of the topics in this manual. It is also the only book that can be used during the PRINCE2® Practitioner Certification Exam (i.e. PRINCE2® Candidates are allowed to bring this study guide into the exam centre). Every PRINCE2® Practitioner Aspirants should buy 1 for themselves.
However, just like the PMBOK® Guide published by PMI, this PRINCE2® Manual is a dry read and is difficult to comprehend on one’s own reading. Many even expressed that they cannot understand PRINCE2® based on this manual alone. If you have just started out on PRINCE2® or would like to tackle the Foundation or Practitioner Exam, you will need to purchase other PRINCE2® study guides or training courses in addition to this book which cannot really help you to pass the PRINCE2® exams.
As a reminder, if you are to bring this PRINCE2® Manual to your PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam, you would need to keep this book very clean. Tabs, marks, labels, written words, etc. are forbidden. If you carry a manual with some study notes on it, you will not be allowed to bring the PRINCE2® Manual into the exam room. Do take note!
An Introduction to PRINCE2®: Managing and Directing Successful Projects
The second one “An Introduction to PRINCE2®: Managing and Directing Successful Projects” is also published by AXELOS. It is targeting senior managers responsible for a project as an executive role for the first time. Many consider this publication as a high level introduction and overview of the PRINCE2® Manual which introduces the principles, processes and key themes, and gives practical examples of applying them. It is aimed to help executives to decide whether their organizations would like to adopt PRINCE2® or not at a high level. And the actual working details would be left to PRINCE2® Certification holders to resolve.
Considering that this guide is just an overview of PRINCE2®, this book alone would NOT be sufficient for preparing for the PRINCE 2 Foundation / Practitioner Certification Exam. PRINCE2® Aspirants are advised not to spend their hard earned money on this not so useful PRINCE2® guide for their certification studies.
Passing your PRINCE2® Examinations 2009 Edition
The third one “Passing your PRINCE2® Examinations 2009 Edition” is an examination preparation guide for the PRINCE2® Certifications. It provides checklists on what are required in the Foundation and Practitioner Exams and sample exam question papers for both PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Exams. This official PRINCE2® guide seems to perfectly match the requirements of PRINCE2® Aspirants, but you should note that no updated has been made for this book in 2013 following a change of question numbers / marks for the Practitioner Exam. It seems that AXELOS does not think that this PRINCE2® guide is popular and useful enough to deserve an update to the important facts of the PRINCE2® Exam.
Therefore, this book is now considered obsolete and PRINCE2® Aspirants should not waste money on purchasing it. However, if you can gain access to it for free, the mock exams there are is quite relevant and useful.
Then, any Recommended PRINCE2® Study Guides?
Aside from the official study guides for the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Exam, many training institutes have published far more useful PRINCE2® study guides that can really help PRINCE2® Aspirants to prepare well for their certification exams as the instructors are experienced in helping candidate to study and pass the PRINCE2® exams.
My recommendation is PRINCE2® Study Guide by David Hinde which explains the PRINCE2® knowledge in much clarity with many practical application examples. I personally made use of this study guide to help me prepare for the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam (it contains enough details to help PRINCE2® Practitioner Aspirants too).
Below is the step-by-step instruction on how to input the discount offer codes for GreyCampus online courses to get the discounted prices for the ITIL® Foundation, PMP® Certification, PMI-ACP® Certification and PRINCE2® Foundation Certification online courses. Many Certification Aspirants have asked me to show them how to apply the coupon codes as they cannot find the location to enter them. This step-by-step illustrated guide is made to help fellow Aspirants to enjoy the discounted course fee with ease.
Step 1: Go to go to GreyCampus online course website
Please go to the related GreyCampus pages through the webpage: the most updated GreyCampus discount offer codes (remember to make use of the coupon codes there to get heavy discounts off the retail prices of the certification prep courses)
- PMP® Certification Online Self Learning
- ITIL® Foundation Certification Online Self Learning (Official ITIL® Exam included)
- PRINCE2® Foundation Certification Online Self Learning (Official PRINCE2® Foundation Exam)
Step 2: Click the yellow “Enroll” button to go to the payment page
Just take the GreyCampus ITIL® Foundation Certification Training as an example. On the product page, under the upcoming batches heading you will see the Online self-learning option, click the “Enroll Now” button next to it.
Once you do that, you will see an on-click scroll. This on-click scroll has two options to choose from:
- ITIL® Foundation Certification Training + PEOPLECERT exam Voucher
- ITIL® Foundation Certification Training.
Click on the red “Enroll” button next to the option ITIL® Foundation Certification Training + PEOPLECERT exam Voucher.
Step 3: Check the “I have an offer code” box
After clicking the red “Enroll” button, you will be redirected to the course order page. Do not worry, the price given there is the original list price before discount.
On the left-hand side, under the payment details, you will find the “I have a coupon code” box- click on it. Enter the coupon code in the box that appears.
Step 4: Apply the Coupon Code/Offer Code
After you input the coupon code in the box, make sure to click the “Apply” button beside it. The final price of the course will only change after you click on the “Apply” button. Make sure you do this before you pay for the course.
Step 5: Check the updated price on the left before submitting the payment details
Once the coupon is applied successfully, the green text will appear below the coupon code box; it will read- “Coupon applied successfully, you will get USD 350 discount”. Please also check for the discounted price details on the right side of the page.
After you have ensured that the correct discounted course fee is listed on the right-hand column of the order page, you can then enter your payment information including name, card number, expiry date and CVV. Then click the red button “Pay Now” to make the purchase.
Congratulations! You have just applied the GreyCampus offer code successfully. You should now be able to access the online training course (including the lecture videos, mock exams as well as many downloadable study resources) instantly.
Wish you Certification success!
FAQ on GreyCampus Coupon Codes
- After pasting the coupon code and clicking the “Apply Now” button, a red sentence reads “The coupon code is invalid” show up. Now what?
- Please check carefully if you have entered the correct coupon code (note: without spaces at the beginning and end of the coupon code). The best way to ensure the correctness of your coupon code is to copy directly from the coupon code page and paste it there.
- Please check the validity period of the coupon code, in most cases, an invalid coupon code means that it is expired. Usually the validity period between the first and last day of a month. And the coupon code and discount percentage may vary from month to month.
- Under the rare case of the GreyCampus website having some technical errors, please let me know so that I can communicate with GreyCampus to resolve the problem.
- What to do if I have purchased the training course at the original list price instead of the discounted price?
- I am sorry to learn that you cannot enjoy the discount successfully. But there is hope. GreyCampus online courses offer money back guarantee for several days depending on the types of course.
- You can just write to GreyCampus to cancel your order first. And your payment will be refunded to you as soon as possible.
- Then you can come back to the enrolment page to enrol again. Remember to follow the steps outlined above as close as possible and verify that the discount has already been applied to your order before hitting the “Pay Now” button.
- Where to find the latest GreyCampus Coupon Codes?
- As I have a working relationship with GreyCampus team, every time when a new coupon code is published, they will let me know at once. I will have the most current GreyCampus coupon code published at this page.
- If the code for the online course you are looking for is not there, don’t worry, you can still try the coupon codes listed there to see if they are valid.
- Will I get a better discount later?
- May or may not. That depends on GreyCampus. However, I would highly suggest you to strike the iron while it is hot. If you have already make up your mind to go for the certification and if your budget allows, why not go ahead and purchase the online course at the current discount and begin your certification right away? Time is the most precious element for all of us.
- Also, the certification cost may go up year by year owing to inflation and rising costs etc. The training costs may actually become more expensive later on.