Schedule the PMP Exam through Pearson Vue (from 1st July 2019)
For many years, the PMP® Exam of PMI was administered by an international exam body called “Prometric”. Prometric would make deals with local exam centres to provide the equipment and security for candidates to take the PMP® exam (as well as other PMI exams).
However, PMI has just announced that from 1st July 2019 all PMI Certification Exams (including the PMP® Exam of course) would be administered by another international exam body – Pearson VUE worldwide with the exception of China.
The most pressing question for Aspirants would surely be: “How would Aspirants be affected?”
How Aspirants be Affected by Switching to Pearson VUE
Aspirants can now schedule the exam through Pearson VUE (with exam date from 1st July 2019) or Prometric (up till 30th June 2019). How are they different? Read below for a brief discussion.
- More exam centers are offered which means that it is easier to book a seat for the PMP® Exam than before (take Hong Kong as an example, in the past there is only 1 Prometric exam centre but tens of Pearson VUE exam centres)
- Online proctored exams now available for PMI-ACP® and CAPM® (thought this has nothing to do with Aspirants, maybe some day Aspirants can also take the PMP® Exam at home/office?)
- A global U.S. Federal and military on-base test center network is offered in the marketplace of global U.S. Service (which is a great news for U.S. Federal and military aspirants)
- If you have previously booked an exam slot through Prometric for an exam date after 30th June 2019, PMI will reach out to you to relocate/rebook your exam in (probably) another exam centre that is in the Pearson Vue network. You may need to take some time to familiarize yourself with the new exam centre location.
- Nothing actually as the level of PMP® Exam difficulty will still be the same.
Wish you PMP® success!