Recommended PRINCE2 Foundation Certification Exam Study Guide
This article is about the review of the PRINCE2® Foundation Certification Exam Study Guide I made use of during my preparation for the PRINCE2® Foundation Certification.
This PRINCE2® study guide is based on the most updated edition of PRINCE2® Certification Exam. It consists of 528 pages which gives a detailed account of all the PRINCE 2 themes, processes and principles. The content is very well organized to help PRINCE2® Aspirants not only be able to be well prepared for the PRINCE2® Foundation Certification Exam but also have a firm foundation to get PRINCE2® Practitioner certified.
It explains the concepts found in the official PRINCE2® Manual in a more easily understandable way (as many students reflected that the PRINCE2® Manual is quite dry and difficult to understand) and is itself a guide for the PRINCE2® Manual — however, students should note that the official PRINCE2® Manual is the only book allowed in the PRINCE2® Practitioner Exam while the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam is a closed book exam.
This study guide not only focuses on helping students to pass the certification exams but also provides a lot of practical application tips and examples. After all, getting the PRINCE2® Certification is only a step in helping the holder to be able to apply the knowledge in everyday work in order to reap the real benefits of the PRINCE2® methodology.
Major features of the book are outlined below:
- Explains clearly the PRINCE2® themes, processes and principles based on the most updated version of PRINCE2® (published in 2009) for the current PRINCE2® Foundation Exam
- Full coverage of both the Foundation and Practitioner level syllabus at the same time so that students preparing for the PRINCE2® Foundation exam will get an edge in the exam with their in-depth understanding of the PRINCE2® themes, processes and principles at a higher level
- Practical project management scenarios and case studies are included to illustrate how the PRINCE2® methodology is used in real-world situations
- Electronic flashcards are included to help students memorizing the key facts for the exam
- Tips and techniques for answering questions and taking examinations for the PRINCE2® Certifications (called “Exam Spotlights”) are included to help students acquire the necessary skills to ace the exam
- Over 300 mock PRINCE2® Foundation-level questions are included with full explanation to help students understand the “why” of the answers
- Plus, there are over 100 mock PRINCE2® Practitioner-level questions which are more challenging for PRINCE2® Foundation Aspirants but can help they sharpen their PRINCE2® knowledge
- A glossary of PRINCE2® terminology and a summary list of all the PRINCE2® management products are included which can be used as last minute revision notes before taking the PRINCE2® exams
- More free on-line tools and mock exam questions are also included as part of the book package
Note: if you haven’t book your PRINCE2® Foundation Exam, you may take a look at this PRINCE2® Foundation Certification online course + Exam fee bundle that includes the course, mock exams, download e-book as well as the PRINCE2® Foundation Exam voucher in a package.
My Review and Learning Experience
PRINCE2® Study Guide by David Hinde presents the topics of PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Certification Exam in a structured and easy-to-understand way. If you have taken a look at the official PRINCE2® Manual you will appreciate how easy this book has explained the meaning and application of PRINCE2® concepts. It really helps PRINCE2® Aspirants to survive the exam preparation for the Foundation as well as the Practitioner Exam.
I would admit that the book is way too detailed for the Foundation Exam, but it really helps Aspirants to get good results in the Foundation exam as nothing gets left behind during the exam prep. I do appreciate the deeper understanding of the PRINCE2® themes, processes and principles so that I can appear at the Foundation Exam with more confidence. And this book will serve you well for both your PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Exams.
I relied on the ITIL® Foundation Exam Study Guide by Liz Gallacher and Helen Morris from the same publisher for my ITIL® Foundation Exam which I found is exceptional. And this book PRINCE2® Study Guide by David Hinde is no exception (pun intended).
About the Author
The author of this PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Certification study guide — David Hinde — is a seasoned PRINCE2® Certification trainer who has helped numerous PRINCE2® Aspirants to get PRINCE2® certified. He is also an experienced PRINCE2® project manager and expert for implementing PRINCE2® methodology for top-notch companies in the UK and around the world. He is also a highly sought-after column writer, contributor and seminar speaker on project management topics.
Preview of the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Certification study guide
You can take a look and read dozens of pages of the PRINCE2® Study Guide by David Hinde by clicking the link below. You will be redirected to Amazon where you can flip through the book just as you are holding it in a bookstore.