PM PrepCast Review – Online PMP Training Course + 35 PMP Contact Hours
My first-hand review of PM PrepCast: perfect online PMP Exam Prep course for busy people pursuing PMP Certification
Summary: The PM PrepCast™ is my choice for PMP® Exam Prep course. It can help busy young working professionals in the field of project management to get PMP® certified with tight budgets and limited time. It has been thoroughly updated to the latest PMP® Exam syllabus of 2016. The course can really help PMP® aspirants (including me) to succeed in the PMP® Exam (I got 4 proficient and 1 moderately proficient in my PMP® Exam in first attempt) as over 35,000 + PMP® students have made use of the PM PrepCast™ for their PMP® Exam preparation.
Note: if you are just at the beginning of your PMP® journey, you are advised to read my detailed PMP® Exam journey — describing my journey from the very beginning of understanding the PMP® requirements, how to get the 35 Contact Hours, selecting the best PMP® study guide, finding quality FREE PMP® mock exams and tips on taking the real PMP® Exam, a few cost saving tips are also included!
Originally, I purchased the online PMP® training course Project Management PrepCast (PM PrepCast™) PMP® Exam Prep Course originally as THE way to obtain the required 35 contact hours for the PMP® Exam application ….. but this downloadable PMP® video course exceeded my expectations — the PM PrepCast™ did help me to pass the PMP® Certification exam with confidence!
Just the unique benefit of enabling me to earn the 35 Contact Hours anywhere I go alone justifies the cost of PM PrepCast™ Standard — I can download all the lessons onto my my smart phone and watch the lessons while I am waiting for the train, sitting in the train, walking, jogging …… I do not need to spare extra time on face-to-face lectures and transportation! If fact, one can even earn the 35 contact hour certificate recognised by PMI in as short as 2 weeks’ time by passing the PM PrepCast™ final exam which is quite short and easy!
Note: There is a bundle offer of PM PrepCast™ plus 1800 PMP® practice questions (PMP® mock exams). Practicing mock exams is the second most important contributing factor to passing the PMP® Exam (the first is taking the PMP® Exam Prep course). The bundle will provide one with enough questions to try.
Over 35,000 PMP® aspirants have made use of PM PrepCast™ for their PMP® Exam Prep…… And I am one of those who pass the PMP® Exam on the first attempt.
For peace of mind, PM PrepCast™ offers no-question 90 days FULL refund. The only condition is that you have not taken the final exam and generated the 35 Contact Hour/PDU Certificate. I made up my mind to purchase PM PrepCast™ immediately after knowing that I could get a full refund without any questions!
However, I never took advantage of the refund as I am satisfied with the PM PrepCast™.
How PM PrepCast™ helps me pass the PMP® Exam in first try
My name is Edward Chung, PMP®, PMI-ACP®, ITIL® Foundation and I am a full-stack web developer/designer/project manager working in the education sector in Hong Kong. I passed the PMP® examination on 7 Nov, 2013 based on the PMBOK® Guide fifth edition with ‘Proficient’ in Initiation, Planning, Executing, Monitoring & Controlling and ‘Moderately Proficient’ in Closing.
The PM PrepCast™ gives my the required 35 contact hours for the PMP® Exam and helped me to pass the PMP® Certification exam.
Since I was too busy to set aside the time for full-day PMP® bootcamps owing to professional and family obligations (I have 3 young kids… ), online PMP® training courses deemed to be the obvious choice. After searching Google for several days, I have established my criteria for selecting the online PMP® training course:
- Can be watched without time limit (or, for a long period of time) in case I need to reschedule my exam date
- Can be downloaded to my iPhone / iPod and watched on the go without requiring internet connection
- Can give me the PMI required 35 contact hours certificate in order to apply for the PMP® exam
- Can help me to pass the PMP® exam
- Guaranteed refund in case I am not satisfied with the quality
The PM PrepCast™ fulfills all my requirements and needs! Read below for the detailed descriptions.
Hope this PM PrepCast™ review will help you to make an informed choice of your PMP® prep course. If you find PM PrepCast™ suitable and if you enjoy my PMP® articles, please consider buying it though the links on this page. I will earn a small commission (at NO extra cost to you) to sustain my website running. This review about PM PrepCast™ is a sharing of my experience of using the PMP® training course to help me pass PMP® Certification exam in one try. However, even if you do not purchase through the links, you are still most welcome to make use of my PMP® study notes and other resources to help you with your PMP® Exam — that’s my way to contribute back to the project management community!
Thank you and wish you PMP® success!
The PM PrepCast™ – PMP® Training Overview
The PM PrepCast™ is a downloadable PMP® training course which can be synced to iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android or any mobile phones capable of playing videos. All the video lessons can be downloaded to your computer. One can keep and watch the videos without any time limit. For using with iOS devices, the PM PrepCast™ can be added as a webcast and automatically be synced between the iOS device and iTunes without the need of installing extra softwares. Below are some screen captures of the video lessons:
Throughout the PM PrepCast™, the instructor, Cornelius Fichtner, PMP®, CSM, will guide students all the way and teach everything one will ever need to know before (i.e. how to apply for the exam, pass audits and prepare for the exam), during (i.e. plan exam time, braindump, when to take rest), and after the exam (i.e. earn PDUs at low cost). There are 15 review questions after each chapter for students to check whether the course materials have been correctly understood.
Unlike other PMP® exam prep training courses, the ambition of Cornelius does not stop at equipping students with enough knowledge to pass the PMP® exam. He tries to add ample real-life examples and cutting-edge knowledge into the course to assist project managers to apply newly gained knowledge in everyday work.
The PM PrepCast™ is updated in January 2016. That means the current version is based on the 5th edition of the PMBOK® Guide and the latest PMP® Exam Content Outline. The latest edition of PM PrepCast™ is created using the Agile/Scrum methodology and thus one can get first-hand knowledge on Agile, which is one of the focuses of the latest PMBOK® Guide.
According to a recent survey, PM PrepCast™ is among the most popular online PMP® training of the successful PMP®s (source: 100 lessons learned by successful PMP® exam-takers).
What You’ll Get by Purchasing PM PrepCast™
- Over 50 hours of high quality video PMP® training lectures, covering all the knowledge areas of PMBOK® Guide with additional lectures on examination skills, cross-cutting skills and applied concepts. The content is more than enough for PMP® exam and will also benefit everyday work. A Student Workbook is also included to help track your progress through the lessons.
- Certificate for 35 contact hours after passing the Final Exam (a 25 question online quiz which students can try unlimited time for free until a pass is achieved).
- 300 sample exam PMP® questions (15 questions for each knowledge area)
- Subscription to a 10-part “Learn from the Experts” email course and weekly newsletter, detailing the examination taking strategies of successful PMP® exam takers, their lessons learned and updated exam tips and news.
- The PMP® Exam Study Checklist. This checklist is a great resource to find additional exam study materials and exam preparation tips to boost exam prep studies. And students will learn to know whether they are ready for the PMP® exam.
- Access to a PMP® discussion forum where experienced PMP® instructors including Cornelius will discuss and answer exam related questions.
PM PrepCast™ Review: Pros
- The publisher of PM PrepCast™ is a Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.). That means the course material fulfills the highest standard set by PMI and the 35 contact hour certificated has been pre-approved by PMI.
- Cornelius is a seasoned PMP® and a professional radio station host. His sense of humor is intertwined throughout the whole course giving students a bit of surprise here and there. One will always look forward to the ending farewell message of each episode. In one episode, he even appeared in the video to say hello to his listeners.
- Unlike other online PMP® training courses which would present the course materials for each chapter of PMBOK® Guide as one video, Cornelius has digested the PMBOK® Guide into small chucks of videos ranging from 10 – 30 minutes each, which can serve as ‘attainable‘ goals for each listening session. I printed out the video index, set the goal for each day and crossed out the video titles after listening.
- The whole course is professionally recorded in a studio. The voice quality is superb. There is no annoying background noise common to amateur online videos.
- After passing the online examination (called Final Exam) of 25 questions, one will get the Certificate for 35 Contact Hours which fulfils the requirements of 35 contact hours for the PMP® exam. The Final Exam can be taken for an infinite number of times until one has passed.
- The powerpoint slides showing in the video lessons are beautifully illustrated with related photos.
- More than 35,000 students have taken this PMP® training course for PMP® Exam preparation, which is one of the largest student population among similar online PMP® training courses.
- In case you are not satisfied with PM PrepCast™, you can ask for a FULL refund within 90 days of purchase with no questions asked. The only condition is that you must not have taken the Final Exam.
PM PrepCast™ Review: Cons
- Only 15 review questions are provided for each chapter (a total of 300 for the whole course). Students will need to search for free PMP® exam questions or purchase PMP® exam simulators for better preparation. Or one may purchase the bundle of PM PrepCast™ + PM Exam Simulator (a.k.a. PM PrepCast™ Elite package).
- If you would listen to every episode of the PM PrepCast™, it would take you more than 50 hours. However, only 35 contact hours are needed by the PMP® exam.
- Students will need to take notes by pen or on the computer as the PM PrepCast™ does not include downloadable powerpoint files (or the lecture slide notes) which appear in the video lessons. I did make my own PMP® study notes which you may find useful.
- Self-study requires a lot of discipline and determination. If you do not thrive on self-study, maybe online PMP® Exam prep courses are not for you.
Online PMP® Training Market Competition
|PM Training Camp||Live online PMP® Class||$1,995.00|
|RMC Project Management||PMP® Exam Prep Online, 8th Edition||$868.00||16 video lessons for online watching, accessible for
180 days after purchase
|PM Champ||35hr PMP® Exam Prep Course||$249.00||video lessons, accessible for 90 days after purchase|
|SimpliLearn||PMP® Online Training Course||$299.00||29 hours of video lessons for online viewing and
4 simulated exams, accessible for 180 days after purchase
|OSP International LLC
||The Project Management PrepCast
||US$199||downloadable video lessons,
own the downloaded files forever
no simuated exams included
|GreyCampus||PMP® Online Training Course
||PMP® course for online viewing only
365 days access with 3 simulated exams and e-Flashcards
The PM PrepCast™ is among the cheapest means to obtain the required 35 contact hours for PMP® exam (though there are still some cheaper options like the GreyCampus online PMP® course in the market but they do not provide the “downloadable course” feature).
It helps me to understand and memorize the knowledge required to pass the PMP® exam. It is not just the average PMP® certification training. I considered the PM PrepCast™ is of very high quality as I have used it in my PMP® preparation myself.
Best of all, once purchased the PM PrepCast™ is yours forever. Who knows one would really need to defer the PMP® exam for urgent matters? If you get hold of PM PrepCast™, it is not a matter if you need three months more to complete the PMP® training. There is none PMP® training on the market that allows you this kind of flexibility (often, there is an access period of 180 days only). In addition, one can always refer back to it for reference in daily work.
My Recommendation for PMP® Certification Aspirants
If you are looking for a PMP® examination training material that provides you with both the required 35 contact hours, help you to study well for the PMP® exam as well as the practical information that will benefit your everyday work, I highly recommend the Project Management PrepCast (PM PrepCast™). I got 4 Proficient and 1 Moderately Proficient in my PMP® Exam with the help of PM PrepCast™. It is the best investment for my PMP® examination training and preparation.
Saving tips: PM PrepCast™ may release discount coupons from time to time, do check out this page: discount code page for PM PrepCast™.
It is good to know that you can get a FULL refund within 90 days of purchase with no questions asked. The only string is that you have not taken the final exam of the PM PrepCast™.
If you are considering whether PM PrepCast™ is for you and you have some queries about PM PrepCast™, you may read the post on PM PrepCast™ FAQ to see if your questions have already been answered. Hope this PMP® training review can help you select the best online project management course for the PMP® Certification exam.
Should you have any queries over PMP® certification preparation, I am more than happy to answer them at [email protected] or you may leave a comment below. Wish you PMP® success!
* If you find PM PrepCast™ suitable and if you enjoy my PMP® articles, please consider buying it though the links on this page. I will earn a small commission (at NO extra cost to you) to sustain my website costs. Thank you. You are most welcome to make use of my free PMP® study notes and other resources on this website whether you make purchases or not. This is my way to contribute to the project management community.
Please click here to download this post as a PDF file. Wish you success!