Agile PrepCast Review – Get 21 Contact Hours for PMI-ACP Exam With Agility
Even better for PMP Holders: You will also get 37 Cat A PDUs for your PMP re-certification!
Summary: If you would like to pursue the PMI-ACP® Exam, the Agile PrepCast™ is a great choice as a reasonably-priced online PMI-ACP® Exam prep which gives you:
- 21 Contact Hours required for the PMI-ACP® application
- full coverage of the PMI-ACP® Exam syllabus – can be used as a PMI-ACP® Exam Prep at the same time of earning the 21 Contact Hours
- (if you are a PMP®) additional 37 PMP® PDU in Category A
I made use of the Agile PrepCast™ to help me pass the PMI-ACP® Exam in 1st attempt with perfect score (i.e. all proficient levels). And the Agile PrepCast™ has been completely updated to reflect the latest changes to the PMI-ACP® Exam in 2015. I whole-heartedly recommend the Agile PrepCast™ to your PMI-ACP® success!
The Agile PrepCast™ is also good for just learning more about Agile and Agile methodologies if you do not intend to get PMI-ACP® certified for the time being as the 21 contact hours for PMI-ACP® Exam will NEVER expire. You will qualify for the PMI-ACP® Exam forever.
What’s Unique About Agile PrepCast™
Many students claim the Agile PrepCast™ to be the best PMI-ACP® exam prep on the market. Below listed the unique features (in my own opinion as a student of the PMI-ACP® training course) that set the Agile PrepCast™ apart from the rest of the competition:
- All lessons can be downloaded as podcasts so that you can watch / listen to the lessons whenever you go (without internet connection). Most other online PMI-ACP® prep courses require you to be connected to the internet while watching / listening. You can download the lessons files to as many devices as you like!
- There is no time limit to make use of the lesson files, that is once you have purchased it, you can own the downloaded files forever! There is also no limit on when you get the 21 Contact Hours for your PMI-ACP®. If you have purchased the Agile PrepCast™ but could not proceed with your PMI-ACP® Exam for the time being, you will be able to use it as the Contact Hours anytime in future.
- Thorough explanation with vivid visual aids of all the Agile concepts and methodologies required for the PMI-ACP® exam
- Lessons are broken down into small chunks of around 30 minutes, ideal for on-the-go study
- Detailed explanation of the PMI-ACP® exam syllabus (unique among other PMI-ACP® exam prep course)
- Inclusion of 3 interviews with successful PMI-ACP® exam takers
- Four lessons on applied Agile concepts teaching you how to select Agile vs waterfall project management, using Agile for product development other than IT applications, Agile and project portfolio management, etc. which will help you in your everyday work
- Touch upon PMI code of ethnics and professional conducts, great for students new to this material and a good reminder course for PMP®s
Disclosure: Please note that the links to Agile PrepCast™ here are affiliate links, I will earn a small commission to sustain my website at NO extra cost to you if you purchase it through these links. I personally took the Agile PrepCast™ as my only course to help me pass the PMI-ACP® Exam on first try. Highly recommended!
What You Get by Purchasing Agile PrepCast™
- Over 40 hours of high quality video lectures, covering covers Agile frameworks, methods, concepts, tools and techniques you need to be familiar with in order to take the PMI-ACP® Certification exam. Cornelius helps you to digest all the materials so that you can understand the concepts readily without memorization. Each lessons is around 25 minutes so that you can complete a lesson within short free time like lunch or transit.
- A Student Workbook is also included to help to progress through the lessons.
- Certificate for 21 contact hours for the PMI-ACP® exam after passing the Final Exam.
- Subscription to a 10-part “10 Cornerstones of Agile” email course leading you step-by-step through the 10 most important cornerstones of Agile Project Management.
- Access to the PMI-ACP® Exam discussion forum where experienced instructors including Cornelius will discuss and answer your questions.
And the Agile PrepCast™ Elite
The newly launched Agile PrepCast™ Elite is a combo of the Agile PrepCast™ plus the PMI-ACP® Exam Simulator. In addition to the above items for the Agile PrepCast™, subscriber of the Agile PrepCast™ Elite will be able to gain access to the following:
- The PMI-ACP® Exam Simulator with 480 PMI-ACP® mock exam questions for 90-day access period (note: NOT counted from the date of purchase but from the first day of attempting the PMI-ACP® mock exam questions — i.e. you can purchase the Agile PrepCast™ Elite now and make use of the PMI-ACP® Exam Simulator for 90 days only when you have fully revised the Agile PrepCast™ course)
The instructor, Cornelius Fichtner, PMP®, CSM was the president of the Orange County PMI Chapter in 2007. With the success of widely acclaimed PM PrepCast™, Cornelius does a phenomenal job again with the Agile Project Management PrepCast video lessons. Many students use both his Project Management PrepCast and Agile Project Management PrepCast video lessons to pass the PMI PMP® and PMI-ACP® exams in first attempt.
About The PM PrepCast™
The PM PrepCast™ is an online downloadable PMI PMP® exam prep course which includes the PMI required 35 contact hours of project management education. I purchased the PM PrepCast™ for preparation and successful passing of the PMP® Exam. It is excellent and I never regret using it. You may read more about my review on PM PrepCast™ here.
The Agile PrepCast™ Overview
The Agile PrepCast™ is a downloadable PMI-ACP® course which can be downloaded to your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android or any mobile phones capable of playing videos. You can own the videos forever and watch whenever you like (many other online PMI-ACP® exam prep courses have time limits and you can only listen to the lessons while you are online). If you are using iOS devices, the Agile PrepCast™ can be added as a webcast and automatically sync between your iOS device and iTunes without the need of installing extra softwares.
One thing many PMI-ACP® aspirants find it most difficult is the diverse scope of the knowledge required for the PMI-ACP® Exam. A lot of different reference books (in total 11 reference books as outlined in the PMI-ACP® examination reference list) are needed in order to be prepared for the exam. Luckily, the team behind Agile Project Management PrepCast has done the hard work for you. By just watching the Agile Video PrepCast lessons, you will learn all the concept, tools & techniques required for the exam without having to read dozens of other books (that are over 5000 pages in total!). Many Agile PrepCast™ users has successfully passed the PMI-ACP® exam relying just on the Agile PrepCast™ (of course you need to write down your notes while watching and revising them for the exam).
The Agile PrepCast™ does not stop at preparing you for the PMI-ACP® exam only. The Agile PrepCast™ goes into a lot more details in the agile concepts and application, thus you can apply the knowledge you gain in your everyday work. The best part is that as you can keep the Agile PrepCast™ forever, you can refer to it as many time as needed in future.
Don’t worry if your mother tongue is not English. Me too. But as the Agile PrepCast™ is presented in simple English and the instructor speaks clearly and slowly, you can definitely catch up with the video lessons.
- The publisher of Agile PrepCast™ is a Project Management Institute Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.). That means the course material fulfills the highest standard set by PMI.
- Cornelius is a seasoned PMP® and a professional radio station host. His sense of humor is intertwined throughout the whole course giving you a bit of surprise here and there. You will always look forward to the ending farewell message of each episode. Cornelius even appear in person in one of the episodes, do look for it!
- The whole course is professionally recorded in a studio. The voice quality is superb. There is no annoying background noise common to amateur online videos.
- After passing the online examination (called Final Exam) , you will get the Certificate for 21 Contact Hours which fulfills the requirements of 21 contact hours for the PMI-ACP® exam. The Final Exam can be taken for an infinite number of times until you have passed.
- The slides used in the lesson videos are beautifully illustrated with related photos.
- PM PrepCast™ currently has more than 30,000 students while Agile PrepCast™ has more than 1000 students (there are currently below 7000 PMI-ACP® according to PMI). So many people can’t be wrong.
- In case you are not satisfied with Agile PrepCast™, you can ask for a full refund within 90 days of purchase. The only condition is that you must not have taken the Final Exam.
- You will need to search for additional PMI-ACP® sample exam questions in order to familiarize yourself with the exam format if you purchase the Agile PrepCast™ alone.
- If you would listen to every episode of the Agile PrepCast™, it would take you more than 40 hours. However, only 21 contact hours are needed by PMI for the PMI-ACP® exam.
- You will need to take notes by pen or on your computer as the original powerpoint slide files (the .ppt files) are not included in the course. You may make use of my PMI-ACP® study notes and/or purchase the recommended PMI-ACP® Exam Prep Book.
Agile/scrum project management knowledge is almost a must in software development, product development and many other industries. Agile provides the flexibility to respond to changes rapidly. Project managers and PMP® having agile knowledge will give you a competitive advantage over other project managers as more and more companies are adopting agile project management methodologies. I study for the PMI-ACP® Exam with the primary aim of understanding more about the theoretic knowledge of Agile methodologies and earning 37 PMP® PDU for my PMP® re-certification.
The Agile PrepCast™ is by far the most comprehensive online downloadable PMI-ACP® exam prep workshop which you can carry anywhere. For just US$199, you get the complete exam prep solution to your PMI-ACP® exam which includes the indispensable PMI required 21 contact hours certificate. For current PMP®s, you can also claim 37 Category A PDUs (Category A is without upper limits) which is more than half required for the PMI PMP® 3-year recertification PDU requirements. Research has shown that more than half of the students of Agile PrepCast™ purchase the Agile PrepCast™ to understand Agile as well as to earn the PDU. In short, Agile PrepCast™ is ideal for getting to know Agile project management, earning PDU as well as tackling the PMI-ACP® exam.
If you are looking for a complete PMI-ACP® examination preparation material that provides you with both the required 21 contact hours as well as the practical information that will benefit your everyday work or if you would like to gain in-depth knowledge in Agile plus earning 37 PMP® PDU, look no further. Agile PrepCast™ is your definite choice!
And if you also need to practice PMI-ACP® mock exam questions, the Agile PrepCast™ Elite combo will offer you an additional 480 quality mock exam questions at a deep discount of US$220, it will be the best investment for your PMI-ACP® examination preparation.
If you are still unsure, follow this link to sign up for a free trial of Agile PrepCast™ to try it out yourself.
Please note that the above links are affiliate links, I will earn a small commission to sustain my website to help other PMi-ACP aspirants at NO extra cost to you if you purchase it through these links. Thank you.
Please click here to download this post as a PDF file. Wish you success!