PMP / PMBOK Guide FAQ 4 – Where are the FREE PMP Exam Prep Books on PMI website?
The Project Management Institute website has recently been re-organized. PMI claims that the improved website allows “members to find what they are looking for easier“. While this may be true, PMP® aspirants find it a hard time to find out where they can access the FREE books on PMP® exam on the website that members are entitled to. This post explains how to get the free PMP® books for your PMP® exam prep.
[PMI will be discontinuing the eReads and References program on 31 January 2016 due to low member usage. With the continued growth and population of PMI’s global Knowledge Portal, ProjectManagement.com, members are being directed to access career development resources and networking opportunities to support their professional success. ]
Where is the “eReads and Reference” section now?
The “eReads and Reference” is a popular service provided by PMI to members for free. This section can be accessed online through a web browser to an incredible offering of 250 unabridged books. Members can browse the books for free. In particular, there are several popular PMP® exam prep books included in the offering. In PMI’s own terms, the “eReads and Reference” section is:
An exclusive PMI member benefit, eReads & Reference provides online access to 250 complete and unabridged books from PMI and other leading publishers. Topics include project management, leadership, teams, cross-cultural business, knowledge management and more.
In the past, the link to the “eReads and Reference” section was prominently placed on the My Profile page on the PMI website. However, the “eReads and Reference” is nowhere to be found on “improved” website. Has PMI silently removed one of its sought-after member benefits?
The answer is NO, fortunately.
PMI members can still gain access to all the “eReads and Reference” using the following website address:
Though PMI members can still read the PMP® books and other reference books online, it is not known whether PMI has plans to remove this member benefits in the long run. PMP® aspirants: Do bookmark this URL for the time being while you are preparing for the PMP® exam.
Which PMP® Exam Prep Books are included FREE?
For PMBOK® Guide 5th Edition (the latest version)
- PMP® Exam Prep Questions, Answers, & Explanations: 1000+ PMP® Practice Questions with Detailed Solutions, 5th Edition, 2013 Edition by Christopher Scordo
- With detailed solution sets for all PMP® questions which include clear explanations and wording, this straightforward PMP® exam prep book provides practice tests that are designed to help students adjust to the pace, subject matter, and difficulty of the real PMP® exam.
- Includes over 1000+ questions with detailed answers in the form of 50-questions mini-exams.
- The difficulty of the questions are very similar to the real PMP® exam.
- The Kindle version retails for US$26.95 on Amazon.
- Browse the book on Amazon for free
For PMBOK® Guide 4th Edition (Use these for reference only)
- PMP®: Project Management Professional Study Guide, Fifth Edition by Kim Heldman
- A comprehensive study guide for the PMP® certification exam that can also be used as a reference afterwards, this book includes hands-on, real-world scenarios to prepare you for the many situations you may face on the job.
- PMP®: Project Management Professional Exam: Review Guide by Kim Heldman and Vanina Mangano
- A concise, focused study aid aimed at preparing you for PMP® certification, this comprehensive guide covers all six domain areas and provides the tools you need to approach the challenging exam with confidence.