How to persuade management to adopt UX design?
Summary: UX stands for user experience. It is a hot term in web design. UX design has been adopted by leading international companies and have reaped huge benefits thereafter. However, UX is relatively new in Hong Kong. Many management executives have not even heard about it. How can we as UX designers lead the change?
Homestead.com has posted an infographic for basics UX Design and its benefits. The following key points are mentioned about the benefits of user experience design:
- 68% of visitors abandon a website because of poor UX design.
- UX is increasingly more important in web and app design.
- For every investment of $1 in UX design, a return of up to $100 may be expected as in IBM’s case.
- With a little change in UX, Amazon got a whopping 45% in sales in the first month, that’s $15 million.
- Mcafee cut support cost by 95% with UX redesign.
- The ROI is very high.
It is inevitable that UX will become a vital component in the not too distant future. The earlier a company adopts UX, the stronger it will become.