CAPM Exam Change: new CAPM Exam from October 2022
Everything is changing (almost) for the CAPM Exam as the new exam is based on the PMBOK Guide 7th edition. A good new is that the number of pages of the PMBOK Guide 7th edition is around 1/3 of the 6th edition.
Summary: The CAPM® Exam will see an update in October 2022 following the release of the new CAPM® Exam Content Outline which will be the exam content of the CAPM® Exam from October 2022.
As there are uncertainties involved, it is still recommended that you take the CAPM® exam by end of September in order to get certified based on the current well-known exam questions.
What are the Changes to the CAPM® Exam in 2022?
Currently, the CAPM® is still based on the PMBOK® Guide – Sixth Edition as noted on the PMI website. Aspirants will need to study for the exam using the 6th edition of PMBOK® Guide.
But from October 2022, the new CAPM® exam will be based on the latest 7th edition of the PMBOK® Guide which is a far cry (not just an update) from the 6th edition.
- the PMBOK® Guide is much shorter now
- PMBOK® Guide 7th edition: 370 pages
- PMBOK® Guide 6th edition: 975 pages
- no need to recite all the ITTO’s in the new edition
- in addition to traditional waterfall project management knowledge, aspirants will also need to learn Agile methodologies and also business analysis knowledge which are quite new to CAPM®
- not much mock exam questions are available on the market to practice on