6 FREE PDU for Attending PMXPO 2018 (on demand till: 22 June 2018)
Learn and earn FREE PDUs for your PMP/PMI-ACP Recertification!
PMXPO 2018, one of the biggest project management community annual online seminar offered by projectmanagement.com to help project managers to gain valuable project management knowledge will be held on 22 March 2018. In addition, PMP / PMI-ACP® holders will be able to gain up to 6 FREE PDUs for their PMP / PMI-ACP® re-certification by watching the live or recorded webinars from PMXPO 2018 for FREE. The PDU earned from PMXPO 2018 will be categorized according to the PMI Talent Triangle for PMP/PMI-ACP® holders’ easy reference.
This event will be open for on‐demand viewing through the conference platform for 90 days after the live event (27 July 2017).
Earn 6 PDUs for FREE at PMXPO 2018
PMXPO features top-notch project management speakers delivering talks over the current trend in the field of project management. In the year of 2018, PMXPO brings the lessons in innovation from the Emmy–winning writer and producer of The Simpsons: Joel H. Cohen, all at the comfort of home or office through online webinars. This is the go-to event for PMI certification holders as attending all the sessions of the PMXPO virtual seminar can gain up to 6 FREE PDUs!
The PMXPO 2018 is full of informed project management viewpoints from leading industry experts, with topics covering leadership, PMOs, agile and more.
- Keynote Presentation: The Simpsons: There’s No “I” in “Innovation” (oh wait, there’s actually two of them)…Lessons in Innovation from the Most Successful Show in TV History by Joel Cohen
- Since its debut on December 17, 1989, The Simpsons has broadcast more than 600 episodes, and was named by Time as “The greatest TV show of the 20th century.” It has won dozens of awards, including 31 Primetime Emmy Awards, 30 Annie Awards and a Peabody Award. Joel Cohen has been a key part of the show’s success. A graduate of the University of Alberta (B.Sc.) and York University (M.B.A.), he found success in the corporate world before making a completely illogical career move into comedy writing. Cohen’s experience as both a “creative” and a “suit” has not only left him with a puzzling resume, it also gives him a unique perspective to discuss innovation and its place in business. In his fascinating and wonderfully humorous presentation, he provides vibrant stories and key lessons we can take away from the show’s culture of innovation.
- Imagining the Future of PMOs by Mark Mullaly
- Creative Thinking: Engaging Your Stakeholders, Improving Your Requirements by Teresa Lawrence
- Hacking Agile for Digital Agencies by Dave Prior
- Real Project Success: Sustainability Thinking in Project Management by Rich Maltzman
- PMI’s Pulse of the Profession 2018 by Melissa Buchanan and Tricia Cabrey
The exact PDUs awarded for different PMI Certifications for each of the PMI Talent Triangle areas will be announced in the live event.
Just like previous years, the PMXPO 2018 will be available as recorded webinars after the event for up to 90 days. During that period, you can still register for the event to earn free PDU for your re-certification while you can learn the latest development of the field of project management from industry experts.
How to register for PMXPO 2018?
Registration for PMXPO 2018 can be done online at projectmanagement.com (click here). You would just need to confirm your pre-filled personal information after logging in as “PMI member” as info for PMI members are automatically transferred to projectmanagment.com.
How to earn and report PDU from PMXPO 2018?
The PDU for re-certification will be reported automatically to PMI.org if you register and attend the event with your PMI account. The online event will keep track of the sessions you attend and how long you spend in each session. You will need to watch session seminars (whether live or recorded) from start to finish for the system to record viewing activity accurately. PDUs will be reported individually for each session attended. The PDUs to be claimed in the respective Technical, Leadership and Strategic areas according to the PMI Talent Triangle will also be categorized for you automatically.
- Keynote Address: The Simpsons: There’s no “I” in “Innovation” (oh wait, there’s actually two of them)…Lessons in innovation from the most successful show in TV history [1.5PDU in Leadership]
- Session 1: Imagining the Future of PMOs [1.0PDU in Strategic]
- Session 2: Creative Thinking: Engaging Your Stakeholders, Improving Your Requirements [1.0PDU in Leadership]
- Session 3: 2018 Pulse of the Profession®: Success in Disruptive Times: Highlights from PMI’s 10th Global Project Management Survey [0.5PDU in Strategic + 0.5PDU in Leadership]
- Session 4: The Conundrum: Your Project Ends, But Its Outcome Lives On [1.0PDU in Strategic]
- Session 5: Hacking Agile for Digital Agencies [1.0PDU in Technical for PMP/PMI-ACP® only]
Alternatively, PMP/PMI-ACP® holders can report the PDU to your PMI account through the following steps:
- Login to your PMI.org account
- Click “myPMI” tab
- On the right-hand side, click the blue “Report PDUs” button
- From the Education Category side (left), select “Online or Digital Media”
- In the “Title” field enter the activity code and the detailed section title will appear.