Summary: Transformational leaders bring out the best of their team members by inspiring them with a clear and achievable vision.
Why Transformational Leadership?
- team members are fiercely loyal
- team members are highly successful – as individuals, and as a team.
- bring about enormous changes to the organization
What is Transformational Leadership?
- Is a model of integrity and fairness
- Sets clear goals
- Has high expectations
- Encourages others
- Provides support and recognition
- Stirs the emotions of people
- Gets people to look beyond their self-interest
- Inspires people to reach for the improbable
How to Become a Transformational Leader
- Create an inspiring vision of the future – understand the value system of people
- Motivate people to buy into and deliver the vision – create a vision statement that appeal to people
- Manage delivery of the vision – set goals and communicate effectively, management by walking around
- Build ever-stronger, trust-based relationships with your people – being honest and ‘walk the walk’
Inspiring is the Key
It is believed that people have internal drive to do their best. But they need others to bring out the best of themselves.
Transformational leaders inspire great loyalty and trust in their followers. They have high expectations, and they inspire their people to reach their goals.