Claim PDU for Reading Books Related to Project Managment
Summary: PMI allows PMP®s to claim PDUs by reading books related to project management. The PDUs claimed in this way fall into Cat C: Self-Directed Learning which has a ceiling of 30 PDUs per 3-year PMP® certification cycle.
- 1 Earn PDUs through Reading Books
- 2 How to Claim PDUs with Book Reading?
Earn PDUs through Reading Books
If you would like to claim PDUs through reading books, you must take note of the following points:
- The book must be related to project management
- (Quoting PMI) “Evidence supporting your reported learning project, including notes from and dates of discussion or reading.” <- a blog post is surely a good form of notes from reading
- A maximum of 30 PDUs per 3-year PMP® certification cycle
How to Claim PDUs with Book Reading?
Recently, I have completed the book Lean UX: Applying Lean Principles to Improve User Experience by Jeff Gothelf with Josh Seiden. The notes of reading the book are added to this blog post.
Step 1 – Choose Cat C: Self-Directed Learning
Step 3 – The PDU Claim is now submitted, pending Approval by PMI
Step 4 – Check your email to make sure your PDU claim is received by PMI
It will take a few days (~ 5 days) for the PDUs to go from the ‘Pending’ status to ‘Approved’ status if it is approved. You will receive an email from PMI regarding your PDU submission.
Within a day, the approval email is received.