Once You have Passed the PMP Exam …
After you have submitted your answers in the PMP® exam or 4 hours is up, you will not immediately get your exam results but a short survey about your exam experience.
After you have submitted your survey answers, the PMP® exam result will be shown.
Hopefully, with all the hard works you have put into your PMP® study, you will get a congratulation message on the computer screen.
You are a PMP® immediately !
Ironically, the first thing that came to my mind after passing the PMP® Exam was that I need to get the required PDUs to renew my Certification, I later learned that all the PDUs can be earned easily and for free by being a PMI member!
Congratulations, you are now a PMP®. The center staff will print you a copy of the exam report (may include a signature and/or emboss). Keep the exam report in a safe place.
As said, accidents do happen. If there are some technical errors and your results have not be recorded in PMI’s system, this exam report will serve as the only proof that you have passed (this is the real experience of one of the candidates who have shared their PMP® lessons learned).
You are advised to discard this exam report only after you have received your PMP® certificate (in around 6-8 weeks) but the exam report should double as a good souvenir of your PMP® exam.
From the moment you have passed the PMP® exam:
- You are allowed to use PMP® after your name in your resume and on your website, etc. to indicate that you are PMP® certified.
- You can download a soft copy of the PMP® logo to include in your personal namecard (but remember you are not allowed to show the PMP® logo on your website or company namecard).
- Your 3-year PMP® re-certification cycle begins immediately (from the date of passing the PMP® Exam, not from the date of getting the PMP® Certificate) and you can earn PDU from this very moment on (any project management activities before this moment cannot be used to claim PDU).
- Your name and details will be listed in the PMP® directory within 48 hours.
- If you like, you can request a PMP® lapel pin free of charge on the PMI marketplace. (The label pin will arrive in a separate package from the PMP® certificate package)
The PMP® certificate will reach your address by mail in 6 – 8 weeks in a package which include:
- PMP® credential certificate
– the certificate only indicates that you are a PMP®, without showing your proficiency levels from the exam.
- a congratulatory letter
- information on how to maintain the PMP® credential (i.e. PDU requirements)
Don’t forget to celebrate your hard earned victory. You deserve a party!
From this moment, you will need to accumulate at least 60 PDU for your PMP® re-certification. Don’t worry, you will have 3 years to complete this task. That means you just need to set aside 20 hours to earn PDUs (much easier than studying for the PMP® Exam).