[Good News!] PMP Exam changes on 26th March 2018
Nearly 3 extra months for PMP Aspirants to take the current PMP Exam!
PMI has just announced that the PMP® Exam will change on 26th March 2018.
This essentially means that Aspirants will have more than 5 months from now to prepare and write (and pass) the PMP® Exam based on the current edition.
This is a great news for Aspirants who are preparing for the exam as most aspirants would, in the past, expect that the PMP® Exam would be changed on 1st January 2018. And they found a hard time to decide whether to begin the PMP® journey now or wait until the first day of 2018. And whether they will be forced to take the PMP® re-exam (if needed) based on PMBOK® Guide 6th edition…
Luckily, PMI’s announcement today has cleared the doubts.
It is highly advised that Aspirants to begin the PMP® Exam journey now as there is still plenty of time to get certified without the risks associated with the new PMP® Exam syllabus.
Perhaps you have yet to take up the decision whether to take the PMP® Exam based on the current or new PMP® Exam? The extra 3 months until 26 March 2018 maybe is your reason to take action now.
Remember, Aspirants on average require around 2 months to prepare and pass the PMP® Exam. And even in the unfortunate case of failing the first try, there is still plenty of time to take the re-exam!
Take the current PMP® Exam
If you would like to dive into the PMP® Certification now, you may find useful exam prep tips and resources (including the lessons learned by me and many other successful PMP® exam takers) here:
- Step-by-step PMP® Certification & Study Guide
- Online training for 35 Contact Hours of Project Management Education & exam preparation
- [FREE] My PMP® Study Notes
- [FREE] PMP® Mock Exam Questions
- [FREE] 47+ Commonly Confused PMP® Terms
- [FREE] PMP® EVM Formulas Explained in Simple Terms
Take the new PMP® Exam
But if you are still undecided on whether to take the current PMP® Exam or the new PMP® Exam on or after 26 March 2018, then this article is for you to understand the major differences between PMBOK® Guide 5the and 6th edition:
- [PMP® 2018] Top PMBOK® Guide 6 Changes Aspirants Must Know — basically the updates are about lexicon changes and terminology used within the exam and there are some (luckily not many) changes to the process groups, tools and techniques.
Wish you PMP® success!