PMP Lessons Learned: Take mock exams from different providers helps understand why getting a wrong answer
Great! Another piece of in-depth PMP® Exam lessons learned received here! Congratulations Daisy Mikhnevich. The lessons learned by Daisy Mikhnevich on this PMP® Exam prep project is detailed below:
Passed on my first try and you can do it too!!!
Here is what I did to prepare me for the PMP® Exam:
- I read The PMP® Exam – How to pass on your first try by Andy Crowe TWICE
- Created flashcards
- Created a PowerPoint with Knowledge Areas and ITTO’s
- I hand-wrote all the Knowledge Areas with the ITTO’s
- I took over 10 PMP® mock exams including the ones listed on edward-designer website
- My mock exam scores ranged between 70%-80%
- I studied all the questions that I got wrong
- Purchased PMP® Exam Cram Session by Joseph Phillips on Udemy
- Six weeks before my exam, I studied consistently for 2 hours daily and a week before my exam I studied for 8-10 hours
What helped me the most was taking mock exams by different providers. There were times when I still didn’t understand why I got the wrong answer. Then later I would discover why by taking a different mock exam. Different PMP® mock exam providers explain why you got the wrong answer differently. This helped me understand why I got the wrong answer.
Stay motivated and positive!
Good luck folks and Be confident to conquer it!
~ Daisy Mikhnevich, PMP®
Thanks Daisy Mikhnevich for the PMP® Exam lessons learned!