PMP / PMI-ACP Certification Study Notes – Professional and Social Responsibility
Introduction: This section of my PMP Exam Study Notes is a summary of the Professional and Social Responsibility published by the Project Management Institute (PMI) that applies to all professional certification holders including PMP and PMI-ACP®. Students preparing for the PMP exam or the PMI-ACP® exam should understand and memorize these as the Professional and Social Responsibility would be tested during the exams.
Note: I have recorded in details about my PMP exam or PMI-ACP® exam experience and also a Complete Guide for the PMP Certification. Hope such information would be helpful to PMP or PMI-ACP® aspirants.
- in the best interest of the society, public and environment
- accept assignments consistent with skills and fulfill commitments
- accept stretch assignment when the assigner is fully aware of the skill gaps
- own error and make corrections
- uphold laws and regulations
- report illegal/unethical activities substantiated with facts
- ask for direction should the decision is beyond assigned authority
- show respect to others
- listen and understand others
- conduct in a professional manner, even if not reciprocated
- resolve conflicts directly
- negotiate in good faith
- do not influence others for personal benefits
- respect others rights
- transparency in decision making
- be objective
- provide equal access to information, equal opportunities
- disclose any conflict of interests and refrain from making decisions in case of conflict of interest
- do not deny opportunities base on personal considerations
- do not discriminate
- apply rules without favoritism or prejudice
- understand the truth and be truthful
- honour commitments
- not to deceive others
- not engage in dishonest behavior for personal gain / at the expense of others
Most Popular PMP Certification Exam Articles
- My Exam Prep Tips and Free Resources (I got 4P and 1 MP)
- How to Get 35 Contact Hours Fast and Easy?
- Detailed Comparision of online PMP Courses
- Over 1000+ FREE Quality Mock Exam / Practice Questions
- A FREE Guide to Formulas and Calculation (with explanation and sample questions)
- 47 Commonly Confused Terms with detailed explanation
Most Popular PMI-ACP Certification Articles
- Top 10 Tips to Prepare for the exam (I got all Proficient in my exam)
- How to Get 21 Contact Hours?
- Over 600+ FREE Quality Mock Exam / Practice Questions
I wanted to know how important it is to study/read Part 2 of the PMBOK Guide i.e. The standard for Project Management for PMP exam. Or the exam is mainly focused on Part 1 and the Agile Practice Guide?
That’s a great question indeed. Actually Part 1 and Part 2 are very similar in content. I did not read Part 2 for my PMP Exam. Wish you PMP success!
I followed your notes for my PRINCE2 Foundation exam & without doubt cleared it. Thank you for the notes. I am now preparing for the PMP 6th edition exam, plaaning to appear for the exam in May/June 2018. If you could mail me the notes, flascards it would be really helpful. Thank you in advance.
I am so glad that my sharing is useful to you! Please read my study notes on this website for your PMP preparation!
Wish you PMP success!
thank you very much for making your journey available… i am preparing for my exams in March 2018.
Wish you PMP success!
You have put together excellent summary study notes.
Hope my sharing is useful to you!
I thought I was ready for the PMP until I found your site. Thanks for all the great information.
Waiting to hear your good news! Wish you PMP success!
This was very useful – thank you
From the time I started preparing for PMP, I have only been referring to your site for inputs. Keep this site alive and keep it going. It is very helpful as it is one stop place to get infor on all PMP related.
Thanks a lot for your encouragement. Helping fellow PMP aspirants is my ultimate aim of putting up this website! Wish you PMP success!