Schedule PMP Exam thru Prometric
Introduction: This is the first part of posts documenting my actual PMP® examination experience. More information on the PMP® examination preparation can be found at my PMP® exam journey here.
You May Now Schedule Your PMP® Exam
Finally, I can schedule my PMP® exam upon passing the PMI PMP® audit!
After obtaining the PMI Eligibility ID from the PMI email or on the PMI website, one need to go to http://prometric.com/PMI to schedule the PMP® exam (I was surprised that this URL is not shown in the email nor the PMI website but is buried in a PDF file (Exam Scheduling Instructions). The PMP® examination is administered solely by Prometric and there is only one valid Prometric center in Hong Kong that can hold computer based PMP® examination:
HKEA SAN PO KONG SUB-OFFICE
#17 TSUEK LUK STREET, SAN PO KONG
To my surprise, the latest date that I could book the examination was the following day and PMP® examinations are normally scheduled on every Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:00 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. (with some exceptions that begins at 12:00noon). It seems that there are not many PMP® candidates in Hong Kong. Though I was well prepared for the PMP® examination, I would like to take an extra week to do more practice examinations (especially the free 1-week exam simulator that comes with the book ‘The PMP® Exam – How to pass on your first try (5th edition)”.
A confirmation email detailing the time and location of the examination was received after I have finished the process. It also contains instructions on identity proof and reschedule policy.
Preparation for the PMP® Exam Day
- 2 forms of identity proofs: HKID card and Credit Card
- Arrive 30 minutes (recommended, or at least 10 minutes) before the scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in procedures (arriving late will not be allowed to test and will incur a penalty fee)
- A print-out of the confirmation email (not required, just in case)
- Revise my notes on PMBOK® Guide
- Practice a lot of sample examination questions
- Have a rest before the DAY