Firsthand Review: GreyCampus Online PMP Certification Course
This PMP Exam prep online course offers you the required 35 contact hours which is a pre-requisite for the PMP Certification application. It has been updated to the latest 2016 PMP Exam Content Outline.
One of the pre-requisites for the PMP® Certification is getting the required “35 Contact Hours”. Some PMP® Certification Aspirants would reflect that they do not have the time for the 35 face-to-face contact hours in lectures. Luckily, with the advancement of technologies, PMI allow PMP® Certification Aspirants to earn the “Contact Hours” through Online Distance Learning. One of the providers for quality online PMP® Certification courses is GreyCampus.
This review about GreyCampus PMP® Certification Course is my first hand experience for the PMP® Exam. (Note: If you consider the GreyCampus PMP® Certification online course, remember to use the latest GreyCampus coupon code to get discount.)
First Thing First: Is GreyCampus a Trusted Trainer?
GreyCampus is one of the leading training institutes providing online and classroom courses in ITIL®, PMP®, PMI-ACP® and other professional certification. Over 30,000 professionals globally have attended training courses by GreyCampus. The passing rate for certification exams of GreyCampus students is well over 97%.
What are Included in GreyCampus Online PMP® Certification Course?
The GreyCampus Online PMP® Certification Course includes most of the resources PMP® Certification Aspirants to need to get well prepared for the PMP® Exam:
- Access to the whole online course area for 1 year — the extra long 1-year access period allows you to plan ahead for your PMP® Exam preparation without any immediate deadline so that you have the buffer for other important events that would delay your exam schedule; but other PMP® online courses will usually require you to finish the course within 3 months or 6 months and to pay extra money for extension.
- Get the 35 Contact Hours Certificate for project management education upon completion of the course
- Audio Video Lectures — covers all you need to know for the PMP® Certification Exam and more (the last 3 are particular useful for PMP® Certification Aspirants):
- Introduction – About The PMP® Credential
- Organizational Influences & Project Life Cycle
- Project Management Processes
- Integration Management
- Scope Management
- Time Management
- Cost Management
- Quality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Communications Management
- Risk Management
- Procurement Management
- Stakeholder Management
- PMI’s Code of ethics and professional conduct
- Application Process for PMP®
- PMP® Exam Changes
- Exam Tips for PMP®
- PMP® Simulated Exams and Chapter Quizzes — practice makes perfect and when preparing for professional exams, taking simulated exams is almost the most efficient way to understand your PMP® exam readiness as shared by many PMP® exam takers. There are 3 full-length simulated exams included in the online course. All questions included in the course are detailedly explained to help students to understand the “why” behind each answer.
- Flashcards — to help you remember the important PMP® terms and explanations for the exam
- Video Lecture Powerpoint Files — all the powerpoint files can be downloaded so that students will not need to type their own study notes as they go through the lectures.
- PMP® Sample Forms (found in the toolkits) — these are examples of the forms mentioned in the PMBOK® Guide to illustrate how they are used in real project environments. Most PMP® Certification Aspirants will find these very useful as the PMBOK® Guide does not include details of these. Forms included:
- Change Request Form
- Action Plan Tracker
- Change Control Registry
- RACI Chart
- Stakeholder Register
- WBS Dictionary
- Run Chart
GreyCampus PMP® Certification Online Course provides a structured learning experience for PMP® Aspirants, each topic is introduced through a combination of video lectures and End of Module Tests so that students will be able to get enough preparation for the real PMP® Exam. The online learning portal of GreyCampus website provides statistics on performance of individual topics of the PMP® Exam so that students will know which topics to focus on in order to bridge their knowledge gaps.
NOTE: In order to get PMP® Certified, PMP® Certification Aspirants will need to purchase/pay these at their own expense:
- PMI Membership Fee and PMP® Exam Fee (compulsory)
- The PMBOK® Guide (optional, but most PMP® Exam takers will go through the PMBOK® Guide at least once during their PMP® preparation)
- A quality PMP® Exam Prep Guide/Reference Book
Pros of GreyCampus online PMP® Certification Course
- An online dashboard allowing PMP® Certification Aspirants to understand their progress in the PMP® Exam preparation in a glance. It details the topics that have covered (percentage completion) and performances on various topics for the PMP® Exam.
- Students will be able to get the FULL refund for the online course portion of the course provided that the refund is requested within 7 days of purchase and the progress on the course is less than 30%. That’s plenty of time to try out the online course for FREE.
- Unlike the PM PrepCast™, the Powerpoint files used in the course can be downloaded to be used as lecture notes so that PMP® Certification Aspirants will be able to concentrate on the lectures without the need to write down everything they have heard.
- A total of 3 full-length mock PMP® practise exams are included in the course package — there is no need to separately purchase a PMP® exam simulator with extra expenses.
- Online analytics allowing PMP® Certification Aspirants to understand their strengths and weaknesses for the PMP® topics so that they will be able to focus their study time on the most crucial areas that need improvements.
- “Exam Tips for PMP®” is included as one lecture of the course so that students will be able to get valuable tips on how to tackle PMP® Exam questions and be well positioned for passing the exam in first try.
- The inclusion of “Flashcards” are a big plus for this PMP® Certification Course as many studies have pointed out that flashcards are a useful tool to help students remember many definitions in a short time.
Cons of GreyCampus online PMP® Certification Course
- Students of this GreyCampus PMP® online course must watch the videos and take the mock exams through GreyCampus website, the videos are not downloadable and there are no mobile apps. It is mostly likely that the students will need to stay in front of the computer or stay in an area with WIFI in order to complete the lessons (if you would need to study on the go, you may take a look at the PM PrepCast™ review — a downloadable online PMP® Exam prep course).
- The cost for this PMP® online course is a bit higher than the average available on the market — but with the limited 50% discount available, it is on the cheap side of the competition (refer to the comparision table below).
Market Competition for Online PMP® Exam Prep Courses
RMC Project ManagementPMP® Exam Prep Online, 8th Edition $868.0016 video lessons for online watching, accessible for
180 days after purchase
|PM Training||On-Demand PMP® Class||90-day access, 35+ hours of video lessons, 1 simulated exam,
downloadable e-book and additional study resources
|SimpliLearn||PMP® Online Training Course||$299.00||29 hours of video lessons for online viewing and
4 simulated exams, accessible for 180 days after purchase
|OSP International LLC||The Project Management PrepCast
||US$199||downloadable video lessons,
own the downloaded files forever, no simulated exams
|GreyCampus||PMP® Online Training Course||video lessons for online viewing and
3 simulated exams, accessible for 365 days after purchase
The GreyCampus PMP® Certification Exam online course is a quality PMP® Exam prep course which will allow PMP® Certification Aspirants to get the required 35 Contact Hours with flexibility at a low cost compared to PMP® bootcamps. The mock exams and resources (especially the PMP® sample forms in the toolkits) included are very useful to help PMP® Certification Aspirants with little or no experience in doing project management the PMI’s way. In particular, it has the longest study period offered (i.e. 365 days) on the market of online PMP® Exam prep courses allows PMP® Certification Aspirants extra flexibility to reschedule their PMP® Exam dates if circumstances arise — e.g. extra busy work schedule or family obligations.
And remember: the 35 Contact Hours on project management education gained through this and other PMP® Exam prep courses will be valid forever for the PMP® Exam.
If you consider the GreyCampus PMP® Certification online course, remember to use the latest GreyCampus coupon code to get discount!
Wish you PMP® success!
Note: some links on this page are affiliate links, i.e. if you make purchases of ITIL® Foundation Exam / PMI-ACP® / PMP® Exam preparation courses through these links, you are supporting my website without extra cost on you. I would only recommend quality materials that really help you pass the ITIL® Foundation Exam, PMI-ACP® & PMP® Exam.
Please click here to download this post as a PDF file. Wish you success!